Grace First Baptist Church
Rev. Allen M. Ford, Pastor
|Sis. Sarah Taylor, President|
|Sis. Cherriale Delaney, Vice President|
|Sis. Shea Knowles, Secretary|
|Bro. Franklin Fowler & Daniel Perkins, Chaplains|
|Bro. Andre Hartford, President|
|Bro. Marques Murphy, Vice President|
|Sis. Caliah Sims, Secretary|
|Sis. Kalcey Morrow, Chaplain|
|Bro. Jordan Simmons, Assistant Chaplain|
|Bro. Alvin Hartford & Tavaris Sims, Teen Assistants
Youth Department Announcements
Announcements for the period April 21, 2013
1. The Youth Department will be going to see the movie, "42" on 4/21/2013 at the Regal Cielo Vista showing at 2:55pm immediately after church. The vans will depart in time for the movie and will return to the church by 5:32pm.
2. Summer Camp program will not be offered through the church this summer. There was not enough interest to warrant a program. We will survey the church again next year to determine future interest. The Youth Department will offer fun and exciting outings during the course of the summer months. Stay tuned and get involved.
3. The Youth Department summer retreat is scheduled for July 26-28. Youth ages 10 and older are invited to participate in the retreat. The retreat will be held at Bueshcer State Park. Youth interested in participating are encouraged to sign up in the designated folder in the vestibule. Please verify your summer obligations to ensure you are available to participate in the retreat. The deadline is on May 31.
4. The Youth Department has a community/volunteer service project with the San Antonio Food Bank on Saturday, May 11th from 6-9pm. All high school-aged youth interested in participating in this event are encouraged to sign up in the designated folder in the vestibule. The deadline to sign up is on Sunday, April 28.
5. The Youth Department is hosting a "night out for all school-aged young ladies on Friday, April 26. The evening will be a blessed fun-filled time with many fellowship interactive activities. All young ladies are encouraged to sign up in folder in the vestibule. We really would like to encourage all eligible young ladies to participate.
6. The Youth Choir will be singing the National Anthem a the Silver Stars basketball for Faith and Family Night on Saturday, June 1. The game is scheduled to begin at 7:00pm and it is against the Los Angeles Sparks.
Admission tickets to the game is $11, which includes a beverage. All choir member are encourage to participate in this event. Hotdogs and popcorn are $1 each.
All youth, other than choir members, and adults interested in attending are requested to sign up in the designated folder in the vestibule. All youth tickets will be purchased by the Youth Department. Adults are required to pay the $11 cost themselves. The deadline to sign up is Wednesday, May 22.
7. The Youth Department will be participating in the 2013 Guadalupe District Congress, July 8-12. The Congress is a spirit-competition between churches on biblical knowledge. The ages and categories for competition are a as follows: Ages 3-5 Storytelling; Ages 6-8 Storytelling, Ages 9-10 Memory Work, Ages 11-12 Memory Work, Ages 13-16 Sword Drills, Ages 17-24 Extemporaneous Speaking and Young People's Speakers Tournament.
Parents, we solicit your support in encouraging your children your children to participate in the Congress. Our youth have done a wonderful job in the past of studying their materials and representing Grace in a very positive manner.